Respiratory Protective Equipment - advice for workers
Substances hazardous to health in the air can be in dust, mist, fume, vapour or gas form. Respiratory protective equipment (RPE) reduces worker exposure to airborne substances. There are health and safety obligations for RPE for both PCBUs and workers.
Respiratory protective equipment
We have produced guidance on respiratory protective equipment.
Respiratory protective equipment – Advice for persons conducting a business or undertaking provides guidance that explains:
- your obligations when providing RPE to your workers
- some factors to consider when choosing suitable RPE for you work
- fit testing, training and health monitoring.
Respiratory protective equipment – Advice for workers provides guidance on:
- who provides the RPE
- when you need to wear RPE
- choosing and using RPE
- cleaning, maintaining and storing RPE
- health monitoring.
A guide to respiratory protection provides guidance on the selection, use and care of respirators.
There is also a respiratory selection tool that you may find useful: