We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Worker representation can benefit a business and workers in many different ways by:
- providing a clear, well known way for workers to raise issues and suggest improvements to health and safety at work
- providing a voice for workers who might not otherwise speak up about health and safety matters
- providing a link between workers and management
- helping in situations where it’s not practical for the business to engage one-to-one with its entire workforce
- providing a different perspective on the business’ day to day processes.
Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs)
Any business can choose to have an HSR. They are a well-established way to support worker participation and can also help with worker engagement.
Health and Safety Committees
HSCs bring together workers and management in the development and review of health and safety in the workplace.