We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
WorkSafe has exempted Jim Barnes from compliance with regulations 15.13, 15.16 and 15.17 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017.
An exemption has been granted by WorkSafe in accordance with section 220 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 to Mr Barnes to allow a cylinder with the serial number (790141) to be filled and used in New Zealand.
The exemption is made subject to the following conditions:
- This exemption is limited to the cylinder with the serial number 790141. It is not a type approval for other cylinders of similar or identical design.
- Sai Global (NZ) Ltd must ensure that the letters LAB7713SP and the station mark are stamped on this cylinder in accordance with regulation 15.60.
- This exemption is to be limited to the cylinder located on the Winnebago motorhome (Registration CZK896, VIN 4CDRGER2652306908).
- A plate must be fixed to the vehicle beside the cylinder fill point to enable recording of the last cylinder test date by a test station and the statement "not to be filled unless within test".
- This exemption decision is subject to the cylinder passing its testing in accordance with Regulation 15.56.
The exemption takes effect on 21 September 2018 and expires on 21 September 2023 unless it is sooner replaced or revoked.