Alert: Notifications at reduced capacity during COVID-19 restrictions
We are operating at reduced capacity due to the COVID 19 alert level four requirements.
Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
WorkSafe has granted exemption to Hexion (N.Z) Ltd from certain provisions of the Health and Safety at Work (Major Hazard Facilities) Regulations 2016.
An exemption has been granted from the following provision:
- regulation 45, specifically the need for an officer's statement signed by the most senior officer of the operator in New Zealand.
It is granted subject to the following conditions:
- Hexion (N.Z.) Ltd will provide an officer's statement from the most senior officer of the operator in Australia, with a safety case given to WorkSafe. The officer in Australia who signs the officer's statement must also be a director of Hexion (N.Z.) Ltd.
- The information in the officer's statement must align with the requirements of schedule 7, clause 19 of the MHF regulations
- This exemption is applicable to the two upper tier major hazard facilities operated by Hexion (N.Z.) Ltd at:
- 165 Totara Street, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
- 135-147 Waterloo Road, Hornby, Christchurch
The exemption takes effect on 28 March 2018 and expires on 28 March 2023 unless it is sooner replaced or revoked.