SafePlus is a new, voluntary, health and safety performance improvement toolkit for businesses. It defines what good health and safety looks like, above minimum legal compliance. SafePlus is a performance improvement initiative that is not a traditional compliance audit type product.
SafePlus is a joint initiative developed by WorkSafe New Zealand, ACC and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).
Why has SafePlus been created?
New Zealand has an unacceptably high rate of serious workplace injury, illness and fatality. The social and economic cost of people being hurt and killed in New Zealand workplaces is conservatively estimated at $3.5 billion each year, and inflicts an enormous emotional toll on the people affected. SafePlus will contribute to the Government’s commitment to reducing workplace injuries and fatalities by 25% by 2020.
SafePlus assesses businesses’ health and safety performance and provides them with tailored recommendations on what they need to do to improve. The Onsite Assessment and Advisory Service also goes further and provides businesses with tailored ‘how to’ advice and best practice guidance on how they can implement improvements to help make sure everyone in your workplace gets home healthy and safe.
Take a look at our general overview of the SafePlus Onsite Assessment and Advisory Service:
Defining what good health and safety looks like
- SafePlus is made up of 10 performance requirements fundamental to achieving good health and safety performance.
- These are organised into three core areas: leadership, worker engagement, and risk management – and are underpinned by continuous improvement. Each performance requirement has a maturity scale that measures a business’s performance initially and over time.
See how the SafePlus performance requirements are used during on Onsite Assessment and Advisory Service.
Choose how you want to use SafePlus
SafePlus is made up of three products. Choose what works best for your business – or use them all:
- Free Resources and Guidance
- Independent Onsite Assessment and Advisory Service
- Free Online Self-Assessment (available late-August 2018)
More information on how SafePlus works:
General enquiries and to sign up for regular email updates SafePlus Accredited Assessorbecoming a