Alert: Notifications and correspondence during COVID-19 restrictions
We are operating at reduced capacity due to the COVID 19 Alert Level Two requirements. Find out more about how to correspond and notify us during this time.
If an appliance smells, sounds or looks strange stop using it and get it fixed or replaced.
Here are some useful tips to remember when using and charging batteries:
- Always use the correct battery for the appliance – refer manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always use the correct charger – matched for the battery under charge.
- Always charge batteries and appliances with rechargeable batteries (including phones and laptops) in a safe place – not on or near combustible products (eg like under the duvet where the heat cannot escape) and monitor the charging process.
- Mechanical damage to batteries can cause them to fail – don’t use damaged batteries or batteries that have been exposed to mechanical shock (dropped) – dispose of responsibly. Batteries disposed of incorrectly can cause fires (for example being crushed in a rubbish truck).
- Never charge a phone on the bedside cabinet while you sleep.